Amateur Photographer of the Year 2023
February 19 @ 08:00 - November 13 @ 17:00 CET
Amateur Photographer magazine invites amateur photographers from around the world to enter its annual competition for the chance to win monthly prizes, exposure in the magazine, and the title of ‘Amateur Photographer of the Year 2023’, which for the third year is brought to you in partnership with our sponsor, MPB.
The competition has 10 monthly rounds, each with a different theme:
1. Black & White | Opens 8th February | Closes 6th March
2. Travel | Opens 7th March | Closes 3rd April
3. Macro | Opens 4th April | Closes 2nd May
4. Landscapes | Opens 3rd May | Closes 30th May
5. Portraits | Opens 31st May | Closes 26th June
6. Architecture | Opens 27th June | Closes 24th July
7. Street | Opens 25th July | Closes 21st August
8. Wildlife | Opens 22nd August | Closes 18th September
9. Action | Opens 19th September | Closes 16th October
10. Low Light | Opens 17th October | Closes 13th November
The overall winner after ten rounds will receive a voucher for £1,000 to spend at MPB. MPB is the world’s largest online platform to buy, sell and trade used photography and videography equipment.
In each round, 1st place will each receive a £500 voucher; 2nd place a £100 voucher; and 3rd place a £50 voucher.
The 10 rounds are open to ‘amateur’ photographers of all ages and nationalities. ‘Amateur’ in this context means photography is your hobby, and not your primary source of income.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
- Deadline: 13 November 2023
- Entry fee: 1 image – £8
- Website: https://www.photocrowd.com/photo-competitions/photography-awards/apoy-2023/